Latest Games :
Home » » The Metal Gear that almost wasn't, Kenichirou Yoshimura saved Rising Revengeance from a big mistake that might have hurt it

The Metal Gear that almost wasn't, Kenichirou Yoshimura saved Rising Revengeance from a big mistake that might have hurt it

Thứ Hai, 31 tháng 12, 2012 | 0 nhận xét

Now that we have all this latest information and footage of the new Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, did you also know that it could have been a disaster? Upon my recent searches for something new and interesting to talk about, I discovered an excellent article done by the folks over at the official Platinum Games which discusses a startling fact about a well known illustrator, Kenichirou Yoshimura. This is one of the main artist guys for the new Metal Gear, in fact, if it wasn't for him Rising Revengeance may have been a disaster. The reason behind this is the fact that he was in his final days of working at Platinum games and was on the verge of leaving, that is, until he stopped by the Metal Gear team and stumbled upon what they were cooking up there. When he saw some concept art that was in the planning stages of being put in the game, he was furious. He immediately slammed his fist on the directors desk and demanded that they not include that in the game. Here is his official statement from the link I just posted:

"Three days before I was about to leave Platinum to go freelance, without much left to do, I strolled over to the nearby Rising team to see if they needed any help. “I could design something small, if you wanted,” I said. Then I saw their designs – the art style could not have been further from the Metal Gear universe. Immediately, I slammed my fist on the director’s table. “You cannot put this in a Metal Gear game!” I told him. Before I knew it, my last three days at Platinum turned into over half a year."

"I’ve played through the entire Metal Gear series and I share the same impressions as so many other fans – Shinkawa-san does unbelievable mech design. I collect all the art books like everyone else, (not to mention that I love Z.O.E., too.) so if you had told me I was going to be working on a Metal Gear game someday, I never would have believed you. Joining the team, I was as excited as I was terrified. The first character I designed was Raiden’s rival, Sam. The director asked for “something samurai-like”, so I roughed out a few ideas."

So there you have it, Kenichirou Yoshimura is one of your knights in shining armor that helped put the new Metal Gear game on the map. When Rising Revengeance finally makes its long awaited release date, we will at last be able to enjoy all of this hard work. Metal Gear Rising Revengeance makes its way to the Xbox360 and PS3 console systems this February 19th, this also includes the limited edition set that comes with some nice goodies like the official soundtrack and a cool plasma lamp. Feel free to search this blog if you want pictures of those items. In the meantime, let's take a look at Sam, which is Raiden's rival below. These are from Platinum Games page and showcases the development art of Sam from an early drawing, to it's final and yet really awesome looking design. For lots more concept drawings and artwork, head over to the official page for them located at Platinum Games. Enjoy and let me know what you think about them. Some pretty nice design work by Yoshimura aren't they?






Share this article :

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

 
Support : w4uonline@gmail.com
Copyright © 2011. The Life For U - All Rights Reserved
Creat by god1412
Proudly powered by Blogger